Dog training is an important part of being a great dog owner, that is the truth. Dog training in Gold Coast is not
supposed to be about teaching your dog a couple of neat tricks and have him entertain you and also the family. It is all about teaching him that there are guidelines in any given circumstance and
he needs to be able to act appropriately. Here are the top ten pointers for dog owners who wants to train their pets.
1. You need to be totally firm when training your dog. Dogs possess the mentality to count themselves as part of the pack, so establishing yourself as a pack leader is a must. So when you give your commands, deliver them with authority.
2. Start the training by teaching him some simple obedience commands such as sit, stay and down. Dogs will be demotivated if you train them with complex commands straight away.
3. Do not ever practice any kind of negative reinforcement. So you shouldn't shout, yell, hit or do anything that could harm your pet. Rather than that, develop a system where the punishment is no reward.
4. To achieve maximum motivation, use a reward that's a big favorite of your dog. You will notice that they become a lot more obedient when you offer them their favorite.
5. Only train your dog at the height of their motivation. What does this mean? If you are offering him food rewards, then it would be a very good idea to coach him just before his meal.
6. When it comes to a reward system, timing is important. If they are doing good, make them understand that by giving them a praise or food reward no later than half a second.
7. When it comes to giving rewards, try not to overdo it. With every proper response, the rewards needs to be consistent. It is encouraged that you give him a tiny treat or praise for every correct response.
8. When you deliver your commands, it would be ideal to keep it short. And avoid having to repeat yourself. Dog training in Gold Coast is about turning your commands into an absolute one which they need to follow straight away.
9. Each time you are done with the training session, always end it with a positive vibe. Always compliment your dog about his great job when ending the session, it should keep him motivated for the next one.
10. A training period shouldn't feel like a chore, instead it must be considered a fun activity for you and your pet. If you are not in the mood for the training, then schedule it for another time.
Just keep in mind dog training in Adelaide just doesn't occur overnight. It requires that you've got determination as well as patience. Just remember the rules that were provided for you above and your dog will surely become an obedient family member soon.